Triangle Coalition for STEM Education presents the
13th Annual STEM Education Conference
September 11-13, 2013
L’Enfant Plaza Hotel
480 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Triangle Coalition’s Annual STEM Education Conference seeks to inform program directors, administrators, policy makers, educators, and other stakeholders of advances in science, technology, engineering and mathematics education in the U.S., and to encourage further investment in pedagogy, institutions, and policies that support STEM education.
Guests of honor will include Congressman Mike Honda (D-CA) and Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), recipients of the 2013 STEM Education Champion Award. Triangle Coalition for STEM Education will honor this year’s recipients for their thought leadership, statesmanship, and tireless work to support student, teacher, and institutional advancement in STEM Education.
Program topics and presentations include:
- 21st Century Learning: Overcoming STEM Silos
- Visualizing Elementary Engineering
- Diversity as a National Imperative
- Working with Foundations and Private Enterprise to Meet Shared STEM Goals
- Systems and Partnerships for Informal and Afterschool STEM Learning
- Computer Science in K-12
- Attracting and Retaining First and Second-Year STEM Students
- Best Practices in State STEM Leadership
- Introducing New Technologies into the K-12 Classroom – What the U.S. Can Learn from China’s Experience
- Igniting Student Interest in STEM
- Federal Legislative Update
- Realignment of Federal STEM Initiatives
- Early Bird $295 (Extended to Aug. 16)
- Regular $395
- Early Bird $395 (Extended to Aug. 16)
- Regular $495
SPONSOR THE CONFERENCE
Is your target audience attending the STEM education conference? Put your name in front of an influential group of STEM education leaders by becoming a sponsor! A variety of levels are available to fit your specific needs and budget. Sponsorship Opportunities
Hotel rooms are available at a discounted conference rate at the L’Enfant Plaza Hotel under the Triangle Coalition Conference room block. Rooms must be reserved by August 16. Lodging details.
Tweet about the conference using #TCSTEM13
Cancellations must be submitted by COB Monday, August 12, 2013 in order to receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee. After August 12, no-shows and cancellations will be charged the full registration fee. Substitutions are always welcome.